Homemade Sausage Rolls
Coconut Jam Slice
PREPARATION TIME: 15 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 35 minutes
Makes 12 pieces
125g Butter, melted
2/3 cup Caster Sugar
1 Egg yolk, (reserve white)
2 tablespoons Milk
2 cups Self-Raising Flour
Pinch of Salt
1 x 225g jar Apple & Raspberry Jam
¾ cup Caster Sugar
1 cup Coconut
1) Preheat oven to 180°c; grease and line an 16cm x 24cm slice pan.
2) Cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
3) Sift salt with flour; mix alternately with the milk into the butter mixture until it resembles a crumbly pastry.
4) Spread evenly into prepared pan, smoothing over top.
5) Next spread the jam over the base; make topping
6) Beat egg white with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
7) Begin adding caster sugar, one tablespoon at a time.
8) Mix the coconut through then lightly sprinkle over the jam.
9) Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
10) Remove from oven; allow to cool in pan.
SERVE: Slice into squares using a sharp knife and serve.
STORAGE: Store in an airtight container in fridge for 3 days.
Traditional Scones with Apple & Blackberry Jam
PREPARATION TIME: 10 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 15-20 minutes
Makes 12- 15
3 cups Self-Raising Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Caster Sugar
Pinch of Salt
1 cup of Cream
1/2 cup of Whole Milk
1/2 cup cold Water
1 x 225g jar Apple & Blackberry Jam
extra cream for whipping to serve
1) Preheat oven to 210°c; grease and flour a baking tray.
2) In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, caster sugar and salt; mix well
3) In a separate bowl, combine the cream, milk and water.
4) Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in them in. Then using a butter knife, mix to form a soft dough.
6) Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently for 30 seconds. Pat flat until about 2 cm high.
7) Using a cutter, cut out scones, place onto tray and brush lightly with a little milk.
8) Bake in oven until tops are beginning to brown nicely.
SERVE: Slice in half, top with jam & cream
STORAGE: Store in an airtight container for 3 days.